Click Image for Frames
There are few places on Earth that are more awe-inspiring than Yosemite Valley nestled in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Home of the undisputed King of the valley is El Capitan, an exposed rock face of unmatched size that serves as silent sentinel presiding over the majesty of Yosemite’s other natural wonders. As I painted I would often muse, “You see the face of God in nature…in the mountain vista. You hear Him in the rustle of the wind in the trees…taste, smell and feel Him in the fragrance of flowers and in the sweet air and water found in the cathedral of the wild.”
Indeed, there is no more profound visual exposition of this soul-searched sentiment than in the painting, Yosemite Meadow. In this oil, riders are dwarfed against the glory of the background as perspective to man’s place in creation and in relation to their Creator. As I completed Yosemite Meadow, I counted each day as a blessing and took in the full glory of God’s creation.
- Yosemite Meadow is painted in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, near the region of Northern California where Thom grew up.
- Thom has painted Yosemite many times and from many different angles throughout his career.
- The perspective of this painting shows the epic beauty and majesty of God’s glory, dwarfing the three horseback riders in the foreground as they explore Yosemite Meadow.
- With the devastated tree and broken trunks in the foreground and fresh growth in the background one can see the forest’s natural growth cycle.
- Yosemite Meadow hangs in the historic Ahwahnee Hotel there in Yosemite.
|Subject Location||El Capitan in Yosemite, California|
18" x 36"
24" x 48"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463