Click Image for Frames
West Rim, Yosemite
Thomas Kinkade was a great outdoorsman. He grew up in the golden foothills of Northern California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains and throughout his life he returned to this picturesque mountain range to paint. Over the course of his prolific career, Thom was deemed an Official Artist of the National Park Service and circled back to one of his favorite themes – nature and the great outdoors.
In West Rim, Yosemite Thom painted Yosemite Valley’s El Capitan with its sheer cliffs and fertile valley below. Thom captured the enormity of El Capitan and the vast shadows it cast on the gentle valley at its base. As Bridalveil Falls pours lightly over the cliffs, a trail meanders up the valley below.
- West Rim, Yosemite was released from the Thomas Kinkade Vault for the first time at Earth Day in Texas 2016 and was part of a series of paintings featuring various views of the Yosemite Valley that Thom created in his early career.
- Thom was committed to sharing the beauty of nature through his art, and that legacy is carried on by West Rim, Yosemite being released in support of Earth Day and the National Park System – Thom was their official artist and the only American artist to win two Founder’s Awards from the National Parks Academy for the Arts.
- West Rim, Yosemite is painted in the classic Hudson River School style for which Thom has become so well know.
- The west rim of the Yosemite Valley prominently features the granite monolith El Capitan. Across from El Capitan in West Rim, Yosemite you can see the famous Bridalveil Falls.
- West Rim, Yosemite is detailed and realistic, yet the tone is still idealized and romantic.
- Thom enjoyed painting the Yosemite Valley, which is close to his hometown in California. Yosemite-inspired titles include all-time favorites like Yosemite Valley, Late Afternoon Light at Artist’s Point, Valley Chapel, The Mountains Declare His Glory, Yosemite Meadow, and Glory of Winter.
|Title||West Rim, Yosemite|
|Style||Hudson River School|
|Subject Location||Artist Point in Yosemite, California|
|Classification||Thomas Kinkade Vault|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463