Click Image for Frames
“On that day of days, Heaven and Earth reflect His glory…”
You many not imagine that Earth can ever take on the radiant hues of sunset, but I have often seen the snow upon the land radiating the rosy glow of evening. Therein lay the inspiration for Village Christmas, the eight painting in my decade long Christmas Cottage Collection.
Christmas is my favorite time of year. The artist side of me is drawn to the lights and visual elements of the season. In Village Christmas I have tried to capture a Christmas of a simpler time – where street lamps glow with the warm light of a natural flame and the townsfolk use a leisurely stroll to church as the opportunity to stop and chat about this joyous season.
How appropriate that on the eve of Christmas, the sky, ground, trees, rooftops, all are touched with luminous light. This is a village from yesteryear, where horse-drawn carriages share the street with Model A Fords – the kind of quaint Christmas village of which I’m sure everyone dreams. But even in our peaceful yesterdays, holiday time was filled with a bustling energy of activities and family traditions.
We can wonder whether the villagers – hurrying off to the distant church or shops along main street – take time to savor the wondrous light show God has provided. We hope that the family living in the Christmas cottage near at hand will look through the window to see the regal snowman bathed in a light divine.
- Thomas Kinkade has hidden four N’s in Village Christmas, in his continued loving tribute to his wife Nanette.
- Village Christmas is the eight painting in Thom’s decade long and beloved Christmas Cottage Collection. In Village Christmas, Thom has turned back the clock to a simpler time thus capturing the spirit of Christmas in a small town in the 1930’s.
- Thom put over 250 hours of detail work into Village Christmas – including Christmas trees and presents in the windows, a dog, a snowman, church in the background, and the breath coming from the horse’s mouth.
- The horse-drawn sleigh featured is painted from an actual model sleigh that is used in their home to store the children’s books. Its the beautiful detail work of Village Christmas – like the reflection in the water – that makes this painting a truly dramatic representation of the luminous artwork Thom is known for.
- Village Christmas is released as a multi-size canvas, available in both 18″ x 24″ and 25½” x 34″ image sizes. This allows you to choose the size that best fits your home.
|Collection||Christmas Cottage Collection VIII|
25½" x 34"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463