Click Image for Frames
A Victorian Christmas Carol
Of all the great memories and current impressions I have of this magical time of year, none are more profound than those tied to the era of Charles Dickens. The crisp winter weather with the snap of Jack Frost in the air, the windows glowing welcome, the excitement of children wondering what gifts Santa might bring, and the strong sense of community gained from sharing the joy of the season…I love this time of year.
My first painting in the Old Time Christmas Collection, A Victorian Christmas Carol, honors this joyous season. Period characters populate this quaint Victorian neighborhood, each enjoying the day with a merry chat, a peaceful stroll, a Yuletide carol, a stolen kiss under the mistletoe, a sleigh ride with Santa and, of course, a joyful snowball fight is in the making! Look closely you might even find a few characters from stories of Christmas past. I hope that my painting, A Victorian Christmas Carol, fills both your heart and your home with that same holiday cheer. And as only Tiny Tim can say…May God bless us, everyone!!!
- A Victorian Christmas Carol is the first image of the Old Time Christmas Collection.
- Thomas Kinkade has hidden some characters that are reminiscent of those in the stories of Charles Dickens. Could that be a Scrooge type character peering from a balcony? Can you find a character that reminds you of Tiny Tim?
- Thom finds joy in hiding special moments in his images, in this image he challenges you to find the couple kissing under the mistletoe. He has also hidden eleven hearts to signify the year of release for the Christmas image of 2011.
- A sense of community is felt as the carolers meander down the street, singing for all of their friends and neighbors; and Santa himself makes an appearance in a horse drawn sleigh, merrily waving and wishing all a “Merry Christmas!”
- Thom’s love for the season is evident in the image. He’s filled this Victorian neighborhood with cheerful holiday swag, joyous people, and the feel of a crisp winter evening.
- From the snow covered rooftops and cheerful gathering of neighbors to the symbolic reminder of the true meaning of Christmas, proudly and subtly in the far distance, this image is a true celebration of the Christmas season.
|Title||A Victorian Christmas Carol|
|Collection||Old Time Christmas Collection|
18" x 27"
24" x 36"
28" x 42"
40" x 60"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463