Click Image for Frames
Have you ever walked along the banks of Venice’s Grand Canal, under the city’s twinkling lanterns, while the pungent aroma of Past Venezia awakens your appetite and bewitching ballads sung by handsome gondoliers stir your heart? If you have, you know that Venice is one of the most vibrantly romantic, yet achingly nostalgic cities in the world. Here, in this unique maze of waterways and palaces, where gondolas and boats replace automobiles as the principal form of transportation, it seems that time truly has come to a gracious pause.
Enriched by trade, ancient Venice became one of the jewels of the Italian Renaissance. The fabulous Santa Maria della Salute, one of the glories of that age, provides the visual focus for my Venice. Here are the ornate palaces, the festive sights, the wonderful gondolas that make Venice a city like no other. Above all, my Venice is alive with the incomparable light of a city whose ocean-moist air holds a rosy glow that has intrigued artists for many centuries. The light of Venice touches the city, and all its inhabitants, with the romantic hue of roses.
- In a continuing tribute to wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade had hidden seven N’s to be found in Venice and shares a gondola ride with his wife in the painting.
- The city of Venice is a favorite of Thom’s to paint. His current works on the Italian city includes a Plein Air titled Venice Canal, and now his studio work masterpiece of Venice, Sunset on the Grand Canal.
- With the gondoliers floating their way down the Grand Canal, the stately presence of the Santa Maria della Salute and the light of the sky reflecting off the waterways, Thom has masterfully captured the true beauty and romantic aura of Venice.
- Thom has painted Venice in a palette of rose, blue, and soft browns – a true depiction of the canal-based city. This elegant combination of hues will do well in a room decorated in dramatic or soft colors and with an image size of 24″ x 36,” Venice is the perfect centerpiece for the living room, dining room, or family room of any home.
- In conjunction with Thom’s Venice, British artist Gary Davison was inspired by Thom’s luminous paintings when he sculpted Thomas Kinkade’s Venice by Gary Davison – collection of lighted resin sculptures.
|Title||Venice, Sunset on the Grand Canal|
|Subject Location||Santa Maria della Salute on the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463