Click Image for Frames
The Good Life
I believe that each of us carries an image of “the good life” in a private place very near to our hearts. Because I am a painter, I visualize The Good Life in terms of a scene that embodies the virtues and values that are most precious to me.
In The Good Life, third and final piece in my Beginning of a Perfect Evening Collection, I have in effect set up my easel in that imagined space where God’s bounty is manifest. It is an autumn evening: that season and time when God seems to live in the radiant sky and charge His world with special grandeur.
I identify with the fisherman, perhaps because Christ described His followers as fishers of men, and certainly because the fisherman lives in a profound harmony with nature and receives its gifts with humble gratitude. Mountain streams such as this are abundant with fat brook trout; the smoke of a cook fire rises in the still mountain air.
Towering peaks embrace the valley and light spills from the log cabin which seems ablaze with life. I imagine that my wife and daughters are safely tucked away within that cottage, enjoying the pleasures of a comfortable domesticity, as they await my triumphant return with the evening catch. Alone with my family, safe, peacefully savoring the glories of God’s creation – that is my image of The Good Life. I invite you to enjoy it with me.
- In loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden seventeen N’s in The Good Life.
- The Good Life is the third and final painting in Thomas Kinkade’s Beginning of a Perfect Evening Collection, a series which reminds us of the tranquil serenity of God’s creation.
- The wonderful autumn colors in The Good Life are reminiscent of the warm hues in both A Perfect Retreat and Evening Majesty – the other two images in the Beginning of a Perfect Evening Collection.
- A cozy cabin sits nestled beside a tranquil stream with the radiant sky and majestic mountains serving as a glorious backdrop. In this image, Thom imagines that his wife and four daughters are in the warm cabin awaiting his return with his fisherman’s catch for the evening meal.
- The fisherman in The Good Life symbolizes man’s profound harmony with nature.
|Title||The Good Life|
|Subject Location||Teton Range of the Rocky Mountains, Wyoming|
|Collection||Beginning of a Perfect Evening III|
24" x 30"
32" x 40"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463