Click Image for Frames
The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City
Led by The Joker, the worst villains from Gotham City have escaped Arkham Asylum, bringing mayhem, violence, and destruction to the streets. Only one person can stop these criminal monsters – the Dark Knight.
In The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City, the true strength of Batman’s power is made manifest. Summoned to Gotham City by the Bat-Signal, the Caped Crusader and his sidekick Robin face a formidable challenge as their most evil nemeses have joined forces. The Joker, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, and their band of evil masterminds are stopped dead in their tracks as the heroes arrive.
As lightning races across the city skies, the Dark Knight and his companion prepare to fight an epic battle to save the citizens of Gotham City – a battle that the world’s most power crime fighters will undoubtedly win.
- The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City is the second Limited Edition artwork by the Thomas Kinkade Studios featuring Batman, and the first painting that includes his sidekick Robin.
- This painting features some of Batman’s most powerful foes, including The Penguin, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Clayface, The Riddler, Bane, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and Scarecrow.
- In the background to the left, we see Batgirl making a stealth enterance to help her friends.
- Catwoman crouches in the shadows, trying to decide if she should fight with or against the Dark Knight.
- As with the first Limited Edition release Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman: The Trinity I, The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City includes tributes to some of the important people in our heroes’ lives.
- A sign at the top of one of the buildings reads “The Flying Graysons,” which pays tribute to Robin’s family. Before joining the Dark Knight, Dick Grayson was part of an acrobatic circus troupe with his mother and father. Upon their death, he became Robin, “the Boy Wonder.”
- In the night sky, we see the bright “W” on the Wayne Industries building directly across from the Bat-Signal – underscoring the Dark Knight’s true identity.
- Hidden nods to DC villains also lie within The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City.
- The hotel is named “Al Ghul” after Super Villain Ra’s al Ghul.
- “Oswald’s Umbrellas” refers to The Penguin, Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot.
- Banners that adorn the skyscrapers read “We Believe in Harvey Dent” for the alter-ego of Two-Face.
|Title||The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City|
|Collection||DC Comics - Super Hero Fine Art|
|Classification||Thomas Kinkade Studios|
18" x 27"
24" x 36"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463