Click Image for Frames
Sunset at Riverbend Farm
Can you smell the newly mowed hay? I grew up in farm country and the earthly smell of new hay is a treasured memory. Sunset at Riverbend Farm, my first published depiction of a working farm and the initial painting in my Riverbend Farm Collection, is a lovely pastoral image.
This picture of peace and prosperity is enlivened by milling cows returning to the barn at evening, and flocks of geese and ducks that ford the pristine stream. On Sunset at Riverbend Farm I discover the sweet smell of hay and something more – a sense of perfect tranquility. The great secret of farm life is that, for all its demands, it returns a gift of precious serenity.
- In a continuing tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden five N’s in Sunset at Riverbend Farm.
- Sunset at Riverbend Farm is the first painting in Thom’s new series, the Riverbend Farm Collection.
- Thom has painted his first portrayal of farm life in Sunset at Riverbend Farm. The large barn house and characteristic farm animal inhabitants make the image come alive in realism.
- The added details of the stone bridge, country homes, and peaceful stream set against a dramatic backdrop of sunset colors makes Sunset at Riverbend Farm a quaint and serene place to visit.
- With an image size of 18″ x 27,” Sunset at Riverbend Farm is the perfect image to hang in the living room, family room, or den space.
|Title||Sunset at Riverbend Farm|
|Collection||Sunset Farm Collection I|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463