Click Image for Frames
“Thy mercies are new every morning” ~ Lamentations 3:23
Sunrise graces us with a radiant metaphor for faith. No matter how dark the night, they day will dawn, renewing the Lord’s tender mercies and rewarding the hopes of the faithful. Glorious Sunrise Chapel with its lights ablaze, is ideal for a deeply moving sunrise service.
It’s lights beckon; perhaps my strolling the lush hillside paths you might find on your way to the entrance verandah, which I envision on the far side of the chapel overlooking the view. I’ve employed my most dramatic color scheme in years to suggest the radiance of God’s love. Wispy clouds illuminated by the barely visible sun reflect in the silvery mirror of the brilliant lake waters, announcing the dawn of a new day filled with discovery, hope, and beauty.
The landscape is symbolic; the distance mountains that flow into the far horizon are watered by rivers and lakes suggesting the passage of time. The rocks that line the headlands remind us of the strength of our faith. Sunrise Chapel is an inspiration that can comfort us following even the darkest night.
- Thomas Kinkade has placed a total of five N’s in Sunrise Chapel, as a continuing tribute to his beloved wife Nanette.
- Sunrise Chapel is the fifth image in the Chapels of Nature Series, and is part of the Studio Masterworks Collection.
- The sunrise Thom has painted in Sunrise Chapel is one of the most dramatic he has ever depicted on canvas. The powerful colors and vibrant light are a metaphor for God’s love in our lives.
- As with many of Thom’s paintings, Sunrise Chapel is heavily symbolic. The flow of water through rivers and lakes symbolizes the passage of time. The light, of course, symbolizes God’s light and impact on our lives as it shines from the Heavens as well as through the stained glass windows of the chapel. The ancient stones that line the headland are a symbol for our unwavering faith in God’s promise.
- The unique landscape Thom has painted in Sunrise Chapel evokes a peace and serenity upon the viewer. Step inside this holy vista, the lights of the sunrise service about to begin are beckoning you!
|Collection||Chapels of Nature V|
24" x 36"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463