Click Image for Frames
Studio in the Garden
“An artist’s studio is his most important self-portrait” ~ Thomas Kinkade
Studios, after all, are the places we artists do our own work…and where we seek our inspirations. That’s certainly true of my second studio – a romantic hideaway in the lovely village of Carmel-by-the-Sea in California, which I’ve portrayed in my Studio in the Garden.
I’ve always dreamed of a second studio – a place where I could retreat for a change of scene, but still do the work I love. And my studio in Carmel is really a dream come true! To my knowledge, I’m the only artist privileged by the city to maintain an open air studio.
On lovely days I paint under the sky with the sound of the Blue Pacific in the distance – and nothing can be more romantic than that as far as I’m concerned! Huge windows satisfy my passion for light; the flowers that I love surround me in a charming English garden. And, as my collectors have noticed, in my windows of my garden studio hang paintings that are my personal favorites.
- In loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden three N’s in Studio in the Garden.
- Studio in the Garden is Thom’s rendition of his studio set back in a garden off of the main street – Ocean Avenue – in Carmel, California.
- This painting features the first exclusive fine art gallery to carry all of Thom’s art, and the first to have the name “Thomas Kinkade Gallery” on it.
- The dog – Hannah – actually belongs to the owners of this Carmel gallery.
- The blue jay that is featured in this painting actually lives in the garden.
|Title||Studio in the Garden|
|Subject Location||Carmel, California|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463