Click Image for Frames
San Francisco, Lombard Street II
Few cities offered Thomas Kinkade the romantic inspiration that San Francisco brought to his canvas. A favorite for Thom even as a young boy, the City by the Bay was “the city for me” – with breathtaking vistas and stunning spectacles waiting to be captured by his artist’s brush.
Lombard Street – proclaimed “the crookedest street in the world” – was a frequent stop for Thom’s motorcycle and artist easel. Plunging down a steep and winding road through a profusion of flowers and romantic old homes, San Francisco, Lombard Street offers sweeping views of the city and of the bay, while gently reminding us of the twists and turns along the road of life. Looking back up Lombard Street, it’s easy to see that the way we came, though winding and uncertain, still brought us to the place we were meant to be. We are proud to present San Francisco, Lombard Street II with the hope that you will keep the faith, stay the course…and find your way.
- San Francisco, Lombard Street II celebrates the journey down the “crookedest street in the world” by looking up at the eight hairpin turns that make up this famous San Francisco attraction.
- A total of twelve paintings are included in the San Francisco Collection.
- The first painting done of this street – San Francisco, Lombard Street – gave a view of the city looking down from the top of the street. San Francisco, Lombard Street II looks up at the twists and turns from the bottom of the street.
- Many of the same elements from the first San Francisco, Lombard Street painting can be seen in this painting, including two cats, the Christian flag, the red car and Thomas Kinkade himself riding down the street on his motorcycle.
- Eight hearts are hidden for the eight hairpin turns on Lombard Street.
- The Powell-Hyde Street cable car can be seen at the top of the hill.
|Title||San Francisco, Lombard Street II|
|Subject Location||Lombard Street in San Francisco, California|
|Collection||San Francisco Collection XII|
|Classification||Thomas Kinkade Studios|
25½" x 34"
30" x 40"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463