Click Image for Frames
Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco
How well I remember riding the Powell Street cable car on my first visit to San Francisco with my father Bill and my brother Patrick – and glimpsing the magnificent panorama of the bay. I remember the famous Ghirardelli Chocolate sign, the vibrant activity on Fisherman’s Wharf, the dramatic presence of distant Alcatraz Island. But most of all, I remember the magnificent bay. My Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco heightens the nostalgia by placing vintage cars on the street and historic ships at anchor in the bay.
As I reached completion of Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco, the final painting in my San Francisco Collection, I was struck by the realization that this painting has brought a part of my life full circle. How fitting that I end this wonderful series with my very first memory of visiting the City by the Bay. I am so proud to offer this image to my collectors – I feel that it is my most beautiful and detailed city scene to date.
- There are fourteen N’s hidden in Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco in the continuing tradition of loving tribute to Thomas Kinkade’s wife, Nanette.
- Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco is the seventh and final masterpiece in Thom’s internationally acclaimed San Francisco Collection. It has not yet been determined when the next San Francisco series will be launched.
- In Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco, Thom has captured all that the City by the Bay is famous for. As we look down Hyde Street, lined with its trademark San Francisco architecture, we spot the charming cable cars, Alcatraz Island and in the distance, the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge.
- Thom painted himself riding the trolley as he did when he first visited San Francisco with his father Bill and his brother Patrick. Thom also included his wife Nanette along with Chandler and Winsor – the second and third daughter respectfully – on the left-side of the composition, while Merritt – the eldest daughter – is looking at the flowers on the far left.
- Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco is an epic 30″ x 24″ canvas size, making a powerful impact on the viewer and a perfect statement for decorating large wall spaces.
|Title||Hyde Street and the Bay, San Francisco|
|Subject Location||Hyde Street, San Francisco|
|Collection||San Francisco Collection VII|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463