Click Image for Frames
San Francisco, California Street
I was recently talking to a friend who had relocated near San Francisco and who had never before been to that city before. I was trying to summarize my various feelings about my favorite city, and found it hard to explain. The lights, the mood, the flying flags, and windswept wisps of fog, the bustling people and the quaint bits of architecture that are San Francisco can’t adequately be put into words. Perhaps that’s why I keep trying to capture a bit of the charm of the City by the Bay on canvas!
- In loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden twenty-two N’s in San Francisco, A View Down California Street From Nob Hill.
- Thom and Nanette are on the motorcycle with a Cal pennant (for Thom’s school Cal Berkeley) and the license plate (N for Nanette and 5282 for their wedding anniversary) in the center of the painting.
- Merritt and Chandler’s abbreviated names are featured on a sign on the left-hand side of this painting. The ‘Nanetto’ sign on the right-hand side of the painting is for his wife.
- The original of San Francisco, A View Down California Street From Nob Hill became significant to Thom’s career when it sold for over $100,000.
- Nob Hill in San Francisco is located near Chinatown.
|Title||San Francisco, A View Down California Street From Nob Hill|
|Subject Location||California Street in San Francisco, California|
|Collection||San Francisco Collection III|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463