Click Image for Frames
Paris, City of Lights
I’ve long had a love affair with Paris. Broad boulevards, flower vendors, sidewalk cafés, and the ceaseless bustle of cars and people – it’s all part of the charm of one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.
My painting Paris, City of Lights, Le Boulevard des Lumiéres at Dusk could be titled “The Kinkade Family in Paris.” I’ve set the time machine back a few decades and included myself – in the red beret – painting the miniature painting entitled “Café Nanette;” which, incidentally, has the smallest Thomas Kinkade signature to date. The real Nanette is holding baby Chandler while she hails a cab with our oldest daughter Merritt looking on. And in true Kinkade tradition, fifteen hidden “N’s” grace the painting as tribute to my Parisian belle, Nanette.
- In loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden fifteen N’s in Paris, City of Lights, Le Boulevard des Lumiéres at Dusk.
- Paris, City of Lights is the first painting in Thom’s new series – City of Lights Collection.
- A former patron let Thom borrow his motor home for six weeks to tour France in exchange for an original.
- Thom painted himself, Nanette, their two eldest daughters – Merritt and Chandler – as well as the famous Inspector Clouseau in the left side of the composition in Paris, City of Lights.
- There is a sign that says “Café Nanette,” and a flyer on the post that reads “Thomas Kinkade, One Man Show at the Louvre” but alas, the show is already sold out!
- Paris, City of Lights was Thom’s first published Parisian scene.
|Title||Paris, City of Lights, Le Boulevard des Lumiéres at Dusk|
|Subject Location||Paris, France|
|Collection||City of Lights I|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463