Click Image for Frames
Olympic Mountain Evening
Olympic Mountain Evening is my way of looking forward to the winter games. The thing that most excites me about the Olympics is the inspiring fusion of age-old tradition and cutting edge technology inherent in each competition. The venues are ultra-modern, the accommodations first rate, but the history of the games dates back 2000 years and connects us to the earliest roots of our culture. In a way, the Olympics are an exhilarating look ahead as well as a humbling glance behind.
In my painting, the ageless Wasatch Mountains loom over the blazing lights of the Park City ski resort. The skiing venue is being groomed for the next day’s races – a new downhill champion will be crowned. In the foreground, a humble settler’s cabin stands in stark contrast to the distant setting of Olympic glory. How fitting that the millennium’s first Olympics should take place in the American West, where the past continually informs and defines the future.
- Thomas Kinkade has hidden three N’s in Olympic Mountain Evening as a loving tribte to his wife, Nanette.
- Olympic Mountain Evening is Thom’s way of looking forward to the 2002 Olypic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Here Thom recreated the Wasatch Mountains that are being groomed for the next day’s Olypmic races with the Olympic Village resting below.
- In Olympic Mountain Evening the trail of footprints leading to the humble settler’s cabin suggests that someone has come home for the evening and is warming themselves by the fire.
- Each Limited Edition Olympic Mountain Evening canvas will have a Salt Lake City 2002 Olympic Winter Games logo, making this piece very unique.
- This year Thomas Kinkade has been selected to be one of the artists t commemorate the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
|Title||Olympic Mountain Evening|
|Subject Location||Wasatch Mountains - 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463