Click Image for Frames
There are few Bible stories more familiar than that of Noah’s Ark. It is first taught to children in Sunday school as a tale highlighting the importance of obedience to God and of His promise to provide a means to wash away sin without washing away the sinner. The account gives foundation to the new covenant and the story of Jesus and Calvary. In an attempt to capture that narrative as an artist, I wanted to give prominence to the rainbow of God as an act of the Divine as opposed to a by-product of rain and light. To that purpose, I painted the rainbow extending beyond what is possible and into what can be done by the hand of the Creator. I enjoyed selecting the animals and wanted to represent the flood as a world event so I tried to find some balance between the animals of each continent, from the African lion to the North American elk. I also wanted all life represented: from reptile to bird to mammal, both domestic and wild. In that regard, I hope you enjoy exploring my menagerie.
This is the first in a suite of four paintings I am planning which will also include the story of Exodus, the Christmas story and the story of creation in the Garden of Eden. Each will attempt to capture a narrative in a manner both meaningful in Biblical and literary theme and beautiful in color, composition and aesthetic. I truly am honored to continue in my Uncle’s tradition and to share this and my future work with all who have enjoyed his paintings. I am also grateful to those of you who may be just discovering my own efforts independently of what has come before. Speaking for those of us at Art Brand Studios, thank you all for sharing the light, both old and new; both then and now.
~ Zac Kinkade
- Noah’s Ark is the first published release by Zachary Thomas Kinkade, and is the first release in a series of four paintings depicting popular Bible stories.
- Zac’s original black and white sketches have sold for up to $10,000.
- Zac’s desire to become a professional artist started as a young child. He was influenced by his uncle Thomas Kinkade, and spent time with Thom learning and perfecting his technique.
- Zac graduated with honors from Cornell University in 2013. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in fine art and then went on to take additional courses at the renouned Art Center School of Design in Pasadena, California.
- Zac believes that “high art” in pencil and paint should both evoke emotion in, and tell a story to, the viewer.
|Classification||Zachary Thomas Kinkade|
18" x 27"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463