Click Image for Frames
Great thinkers of the past have described God’s creation as an earthly paradise – and nature herself as a reflection of God’s grace and love. I suppose such romantic notions have always inspired me, and certainly have been a foundational part of my beliefs as an artist. In my newest work, I attempt to conceive of nature as existing in complete harmony in all its elements. We see rolling mountains that gather rain to fill streams that cascade into valleys forming lakes and ponds. We see clouds gathering overhead and a rainbow forming in the sky suggesting the passing moisture of distant rainfall. The skies are filled with migrating birds and wildlife is abundant. Everywhere we look, life is brimming forth with greater blessings.
In the midst of this perfect setting, I conceived of a perfect retreat: a woodsman‘s cabin, with lights glowing to welcome us home after a day spent fishing on the lake or exploring the woods’ trails.
This is the third painting in the series that began with Mountain Retreat, and as the last piece in the series I wanted to pull out all the stops and let the detail be even more abundant than ever. As you explore this painting, may you discover that Nature’s Paradise is waiting to welcome you in.
- Thomas Kinkade has included eight hidden N’s in Nature’s Paradise, representing both the first release in the Epic Eight masterpieces that will be released during 2010, and a loving tribute to his wife Nanette.
- Nature’s Paradise is the third release in the Mountain Retreat series. This first release in the series was Mountain Retreat, followed by Mountain Paradise which continues to be among the best-selling paintings ever, and last is Nature’s Paradise, believed by many to be the quintessential Thomas Kinkade mountain landscape setting.
- Many details make this painting unique – among these are wild turkeys (did you know that Thom is the official artist for the National Wild Turkey Federation?) and curious deer engaging in attention of their surroundings. Along the left of the stream we can see a rainbow trout making its way up the cascade, and above the cabin we can see Canadian geese soaring into the distance, perhaps on their way to migrate to the south.
- This work features a cabin full of light in which we can imagine a family at peace, within. Make note of the rustic stone fireplace and the canoe in front of the cabin, which is evidence that the surroundings are meant to be explored. The outdoorsman is returning to his cabin in the woods after having spent a day on the pristine lake.
- Thom’s favorite touch in Nature’s Paradise is the double rainbow that can be seen above the clouds. The rainbow is a symbol of God’s blessing, and to Thom, it suggests that this work is a true reflection of nature’s paradise.
|Collection||Mountain Retreat III|
24" x 36"
28" x 42"
40" x 60"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463