Click Image for Frames
Mickey and Minnie in Hawaii
In the Passport to Adventure series by the Thomas Kinkade Studios, Mickey and Minnie – along with some of their closest friends – explore famous travel destinations around the world.
Walt Disney Productions released an animated short film in 1937 entitled “Hawaiian Holiday.” The cartoon cast of “Hawaiian Holiday” included Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto as they set out on a Hawaiian island getaway, complete with every laughable mishap that caused millions of people to fall in love with them – including Thomas Kinkade. As a life-long admirer of Walt Disney’s work, Thom often enjoyed recreating many of the scenes and characters in typical Kinkade style.
- In celebration of the 80 year anniversary of this film, the Thomas Kinkade Studios – inspired by the 1937 film – is proud to present their newest painting Mickey and Minnie in Hawaii as the first painting in the Passport to Adventure Collection.
- Beneath the rainbow covered mountains, one of Hawaii’s most beautiful beaches has become the party place for Disney’s most well-known cast of characters.
- As Minnie Mouse dances along to Mickey’s ukulele serenade, even the sea creatures draw near to listen.
- While Donald Duck and Daisy stroll along the beach and Pluto splashes in the waves, it is Goofy who steals the scene with his perfectly clumsy antics.
- The artists have gone to great lengths to incorporate several hidden elements within Mickey and Minnie in Hawaii. Can you find them all?
- Just beneath Minnie’s feet is a heart carved into the rock with the initials “M+M.”
- Speaking of feet, did you notice the hearts on Minnie’s shoes?
- Mickey’s ukulele is his very own – you can tell by the “M” engraved at the top.
- Did you know that the flowers in this painting are all native to Hawaii?
- There is something familiar about that sandcastle – do you recognize it?
- Goofy, an avid surfer, rides the waves like a pro and in the goofy-footed style.
- While Donald and Daisy frolic on the beach, Pluto races the waves to shore.
- Look closely and you’ll see that there are four crabs in this painting, as well as seven ladybugs.
|Title||Mickey and Minnie in Hawaii|
|Subject Location||Hawaii, USA|
|Collection||Passport to Adventure I|
|Classification||Thomas Kinkade Studios|
18" x 24"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463