Click Image for Frames
Make a Wish Cottage
As the father of four daughters, I know that nothing is more precious than the dreams of young girls. My girls – like yours – wish for many things: from a new doll or dress to a soccer goal. But most of all they dream of love and of the soul mate in whose eyes love will be reflected.
How sweet it is to imagine the wishes that children, and especially little girls, have whispered into the mossy depths of this old wishing well. For all the children who dare to dream, I’ve created Make a Wish Cottage as a sanctuary where dreams can come true.
I believe in the power of dreams. After all, I met the girl of my dreams as a young boy barely into his teens, and my Nanette has taught me to believe in happy endings. Like Make a Wish Cottage, the home we have created together is lit by the light of love.
The gardens here are lavish with flowers; bowers of red climbing roses encircle the thatched roof like a crown. The stream that flows beside the cottage and feeds the well symbolizes God’s abundant blessings. I’m especially fond of the network of mossy cracks in the flagstone walkway; they recall the pattern of the walk leading to my own studio. God’s glorious sunset reflects subtly in the damp surface of the stony path.
- Make a Wish Cottage, Thomas Kinkade has hidden a total of eight N’s as a tribute to his wife Nanette. Thom and Nanette recently celebrated their twenty-first wedding anniversary.
- Make a Wish Cottage was developed to be used to raise money for Make-a-Wish Foundation. Thom was the spokesman for Make-a-Wish in 2003 and 2004, and during that time the sales of Make a Wish Cottage raised over $750,000 for children living with life-threatening illnesses.
- Make a Wish Cottage is the first painting in Thom’s new series Wishful Places.
- The quaint English cottage features the beautiful elements that as collectors, we have come to cherish in paintings by Thom: a beautifully lit home that welcomes the heart, a peaceful stream, a lovely garden and arbor overgrown with flowers, and a flagstone pathway that reflects the beauty of the sunlit sky.
- Thom’s romantic and imaginative heart was inspired to create Make a Wish Cottage as he strolled through a beautiful garden and came upon this antique wishing well.
- Thom wishes he had such a wishing well in his garden for his four beautiful little girls, where like all little girls, they can wish in their heart for what the future may hold – for love and happy endings.
|Title||Make a Wish Cottage|
20" x 24"
24" x 30"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463