Click Image for Frames
Main Street Courthouse
Main street! How often as a young man did those words cross my mind. Main street was for me a dreamy, idyllic destination like some foreign country one reads of and thinks of often, but rarely gets to visit. A place where we as children would go to on Saturdays aboard bicycles that fairly flew as we peddled down the dusty city streets towards our destinations.
Main street was a place of activity, a place of delights that stirred the imagination of every child: a five-and-dime held the opportunity for a foot long bag of popcorn that could be bought for a nickel; a barber shop that was a gathering place for the old men of the village whose stories filled the air like a gentle aroma of days gone by. And of course everywhere were the townspeople – full of the buoyant energy of a day in town, ready to swap yarns and share a chuckle or two.
In my Main Street Memories Collection, I celebrate the main streets of my imagination. Places where trolley cars clang, movie matinees await us, and a celebration is always in progress. These are the places where people gather to do their business and share the activities of a more simple ear. I hope you’ll meet me on main street!
- The Placerville, California tetrad was coined as the Gold Country Series – Main Street Celebration, Main Street Courthouse, Main Street Matinee, and Main Street Trolley.
- Thomas Kinkade shows his love of antique cars by placing them in Main Street Courthouse; and also captures the typical essences of America: the American flag, small “mom and pop” stores, a boy scout with his dogs, people talking to each other on the street, someone riding a bicycle and a horse, people holding hands with their children, and a local marching band playing.
- Main Street Courthouse features the courthouse from the town of Auburn, California, located in the Sierra Nevada Mountain foothills. Thom grew up in the “sister” community to Auburn in Placerville, California – he had a great love for both of these communities and life in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
- The courthouse stands tall and proud in the background over all on Main Street. Is the painter looking at everyone on Main Street Thom? He leaves this up to the collector.
- Main Street Courthouse was originally entitled Amber.
|Title||Main Street Courthouse|
|Subject Location||Auburn Courthouse, California|
|Collection||Main Street Memories II|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463