Click Image for Frames
Main Street Celebration
Main street! How often as a young man did those words cross my mind. Main street was for me a dreamy, idyllic destination like some foreign country one reads of and thinks of often, but rarely gets to visit. A place where we as children would go to on Saturdays aboard bicycles that fairly flew as we peddled down the dusty city streets towards our destinations.
In my Main Street Memories Collection, I celebrate the main streets of my imagination. Places where trolley cars clang, movie matinees await us, and a celebration is always in progress. These are the places where people gather to do their business and share the activities of a more simple ear. I hope you’ll meet me on main street!
- The Placerville, California tetrad was coined as the Gold Country Series – Main Street Celebration, Main Street Courthouse, Main Street Matinee, and Main Street Trolley.
- Thomas Kinkade honored his eldest daughter Merritt, by giving her a stand on the right-hand side of the composition.
- A retired lieutenant governor of California, Ed Reinecke, commissioned Main Street Celebration, so Thom put the Lt. Governor’s dog in the painting – the shaggy dog in the left-hand corner.
- The people and the name on the signs are actually modeled after real people in Main Street Celebration; even note the gentleman in the right-hand corner carrying a Kinkade painting.
- The original title for Main Street Celebration was Old Sacramento.
|Title||Main Street Celebration|
|Subject Location||Sacramento, California|
|Collection||Main Street Memories I|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463