Click Image for Frames
“In my Father’s house are many mansions…” ~ John 14:2
We’ve followed the delightful Brooke Windermer as it wanders past some of the humble pleasures of the English countryside – the cozy cottages, quaint lampposts, stone bridges, country churches, and charming inns that give this historic – and imaginary – region its special savor.
In Lamplight Manor, sixth in the Lamplight Lane Series, the brook quite unexpectedly, takes us to a rustic treasure hidden away in England’s quaint Cotswolds – a manor house so magnificent that stands as a proud proclamation of our instinct for elegance. We tie our skiff to the landing and climb the stone staircase to marvel at the wonders that await.
How I would enjoy a private tour of house and grounds: the sweeping spiral staircases, the luxurious tapestries on the walls, and the dignified libraries with their shelves full of first editions and rich leather-upholstered armchairs. As the scripture from the Gospel of John reminds us that tasteful opulence has a place in the house of our Lord; in my imagination, a mansion like this one provides a preview of the glories of Heaven.
Indeed, a Celtic cross adorns the massive chimney, while a sheltered old gazebo provides a tranquil retreat for worship. Here we can anticipate the glory that awaits the children of God in heaven.
- As a loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden eight N’s in Lamplight Manor.
- Thom also honors his daughter Merritt by painting her name on the boat in this painting.
- Lamplight Manor is the sixth release in Thom’s beautiful Lamplight Lane Collection, continuing our travels along the imaginary Brooke Windermer.
- If you look closely at the chimney in Lamplight Manor, you will find that Thom has painted the image of a Celtic cross, resting above the entrance to greet all who enter.
- Lamplight Manor includes many of Thom’s favorite themes to paint: a gazebo, an elegant manor house, a stone bridge, and – of course – lamp posts.
- Thom feels that Lamplight Manor is the most detailed manor house he has ever painted.
|Collection||Lamplight Lane VI|
24" x 36"
28" x 42"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463