Click Image for Frames
“In my Father’s house are many mansions…” ~ John 14:2
We’ve followed the delightful Brooke Windermer as it wanders past some of the humble pleasures of the English countryside – the cozy cottages, quaint lampposts, stone bridges, country churches, and charming inns that give this historic (and imaginary) region its special savor.
In Lamplight Manor, sixth in the Lamplight Lane Series, the brook quite unexpectedly, takes us to a rustic treasure hidden away in England’s quaint Cotswolds – a manor house so magnificent that stands as a proud proclamation of our instinct for elegance. We tie our skiff to the landing and climb the stone staircase to marvel at the wonders that await.
How I would enjoy a private tour of house and grounds: the sweeping spiral staircases, the luxurious tapestries on the walls, and the dignified libraries with their shelves full of first editions and rich leather-upholstered armchairs. As the scripture from the Gospel of John reminds us that tasteful opulence has a place in the house of our Lord; in my imagination, a mansion like this one provides a preview of the glories of Heaven.
Indeed, a Celtic cross adorns the massive chimney, while a sheltered old gazebo provides a tranquil retreat for worship. Here we can anticipate the glory that awaits the children of God in heaven.
- As a loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden eight N’s in Lamplight Manor.
- Thom also honors his daughter Merritt by painting her name on the boat in this painting.
- Lamplight Manor is the sixth release in Thom’s beautiful Lamplight Lane Collection, continuing our travels along the imaginary Brooke Windermer.
- If you look closely at the chimney in Lamplight Manor, you will find that Thom has painted the image of a Celtic cross, resting above the entrance to greet all who enter.
- Lamplight Manor includes many of Thom’s favorite themes to paint: a gazebo, an elegant manor house, a stone bridge, and – of course – lamp posts.
- Thom feels that Lamplight Manor is the most detailed manor house he has ever painted.
|Collection||Lamplight Lane VI|
24" x 36"
28" x 42"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463