Click Image for Frames
Nature is my favorite collaborator. Hollyhock House – second in my Flower Cottages of Carmel Collection – is a real hideaway along the picturesque Pacific coast located on Scenic and Stewart. The rich, honey-colored stone is an effect of the wind and weather on rock; I could not hope to improve upon it.
The splendid, dignified hollyhocks that rise as proud and straight as sentinels at the entrance to the garden are my imaginative addition to the scene. The special radiance of morning light is an expression of God’s artistry and nature, but I like to think the golden morning light is also from my own heart.
- In a continuing tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden four N’s in Hollyhock House.
- Hollyhock House is the second painting in Thom’s flower-themed series: Flower Cottages of Carmel. This painting depicts a lovely stone cottage brilliantly lit by a lush garden of blooming flowers that Thom found during a recent visit to the resort town of Carmel in California.
- Hollyhock House portrays Thom’s mastery in painting fine, realistic details – from the stones chiseled to form the house to the graceful hollyhocks inviting you up the elegant walkway.
- Thom used his artistic license to enhance this lovely stone house by adding hollyhocks and other floras to its landscape.
- Hollyhock House will add life to most any room of the home with its dramatic colors of the gardens set against the golden hue of the cottage’s weathered stones. In the perfect image size of 16″ x 20,” Hollyhock House will add charm to that inviting living room, quaint breakfast nook, or cozy family room.
|Subject Location||Carmel, California|
|Collection||Flower Cottages of Carmel II|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463