Click Image for Frames
High Country Christmas
The Kinkade family cabin in the Sierra Nevada mountains was a favorite hideaway for the family to enjoy time together. Of course, nothing topped Christmas in the mountains. Freshly fallen snow outside the door led to snowball fights, snow angels and the building of snowmen. Lights hung on the trees outdoors and a family decorated Christmas tree in the window created a winter wonderland where dreams of Christmas morning captured their young daughter’s hearts.
High Country Christmas recalls those special Christmas memories that all of us share – of family, Christmas trees, Yule Tide logs, twinkling lights, and special gifts laid out for those we love. And in the stillness of evening, when the sun sets and stars emerge, there is a gentle quiet that descends upon our hearts and homes, that remind us of that first Christmas – the silent night of our Saviour’s birth.
We hope that you will find that quiet place of peace and rest as you enjoy High Country Christmas, a special Christmas gift of love to you from Thomas Kinkade.
- The Kinkade family owns a home in Lake Tahoe where they spent many holidays.
- The carved bear in front of the house was modeled after a carved bear that exists at the Kinkade Tahoe home.
- Thom loved spending winters in the high sierras. He sketched and painted many scenes from his time spent there with family.
- Thom’s daughters loved spending Christmases in Tahoe where they would play in the snow and enjoy the wintery outdoors.
- Thomas Kinkade’s initials are carved on the front door.
|Title||High Country Christmas|
|Subject Location||Lake Tahoe|
|Classification||Thomas Kinkade Studios|
18" x 27"
24" x 36"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463