Click Image for Frames
Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
One of my biggest challenges to date was trying to paint Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco. This painting took me three years in the making as I worked trying to get all the angles right in this composition.
Before me stood the majestic arch of the Golden Gate Bridge as seen from Kirby Beach in the Marin Highlands. Framed by that span, the whole sweep of San Francisco skyline appeared – Coit Tower, the Bay Bridge, the downtown skyscrapers and all the other landmarks etched sharply against the brilliant reds and subtle mauves of the billowing sunset clouds.
As dusk fell the lights of the city twinkled on, reflecting in the blue waters of the bay like some mythical enchanted kingdom. Then, to cap it off, white sailboats danced into the harbor – mirroring the flight of gulls in their graceful motion. I said a grateful prayer for the vision and added, please God, let me do this beauty justice in my art.
To all of you who’ve awaited my new Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco painting, please know that I’ve worked hard to make this painting something very special. I can only hope you’ll feel that my prayer was answered.
- Of all of Thomas Kinkade’s paintings, Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco has the highest number of N’s to date in honor of his wife Nanette: 156!
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco is the sixth masterpiece in Thom’s internationally acclaimed San Francisco Collection. Each painting in this series has met with much popularity and these releases are continually sought by collectors around the world.
- Painted from the perspective of Kirby Beach in the Marin Headlands, Thom has captured the grandeur and magnificence of the world renown landmark, the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco is set at dusk and exhibits a twinkling San Francisco skyline in the distance – featuring such landmarks as Coit Tower, Alcatraz Island, Telegraph Hill, and the Bay Bridge.
- In the lower far right hand corner of Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco you will find a bottle drifting in the water with a love note inside. This is a special tribute to the famous maritime painter John Stobart, who is known to put a bottle in all of his paintings.
- With an image size of 24″ x 36″ Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco will make a wonderful centerpiece in a living room, dining room, or den.
|Title||Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco|
|Subject Location||Golden Gate Bridge as seen from Kirby Beach in San Francisco, California|
|Collection||San Francisco Collection VI|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463