Click Image for Frames
Gardens Beyond Spring Gate
I would say that, much as I love a manor house, I am more pleased by the extensive gardens that wreathe these stately homes in natural splendor. Gardens Beyond Spring Gate is the third in my Spring Gate Collection that illustrates my belief that gardens are truly the loveliest imaginable settings for a civilized life.
All of us, I believe, carry a memory of Eden. Life began in that garden, and for me, many of the good things in life are still to be found in gardens. When I came upon the blooming Spring Gate, I accepted its invitation to explore – partly to satisfy a secret longing for the splendid gardens I expected to discover within. And, since this is a locale of the imagination, I haven’t been disappointed. The Gardens Beyond Spring Gate are as sumptuous and satisfying as I can make them.
Imagine taking tea at the gem-bright reflecting pool, while the perfume of blossoms washes over you and the rustling breeze in the dogwood trees mingle with the twinkling of falling water in the fountain. The manor house, as grand and imposing as it is, serves as a gateway to this marvelous garden. Though the glowing windows and smoking chimneys of the house create an inviting setting, the overwhelming beauty of the gardens draws you in to explore every nook. Once you have entered, the gentle fragrant breezes and the calming trickle of water will keep you wandering endlessly. Perhaps you can take a moment to enjoy a cup of tea in this imaginary garden. What could possibly be closer to paradise?
- In tribute to his wife Nanette, and also in celebration of his own fortieth birthday, Thomas Kinkade has hidden forty N’s in Gardens Beyond Spring Gate.
- Gardens Beyond Spring Gate is the third and final painting in the popular Spring Gate Collection.
- Painted from Thom’s vivid imagination, he first created a stunning artist’s study as a compositional and color palette for the final image of Gardens Beyond Spring Gate.
- Like many of Thom’s works, the remarkable display of garden foliage includes a breathtaking palette sure to brighten any room and since this painting is available in three different sizes, it is perfect for hanging in any area of your home.
- Gardens Beyond Spring Gate was named Lithograph of the Year in 1998.
|Title||Gardens Beyond Spring Gate|
|Collection||Spring Gate III|
25½" x 34"
30" x 40"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463