Click Image for Frames
Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco
Recently, my wife Nanette and I discovered the heart of a favorite city. Imagine yourself on a picturesque fishing pier, looking back at some of the world’s most famous scenery. A luminous sunset shrouds the scene in a tranquil golden glow, as richly colored fogbanks and clouds dance overhead in my new painting Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco.
In the distance the lights of the famous Coit Tower begin to twinkle, while San Francisco’s skyline rises majestically over the waterfront. And what a waterfront! Quaint fishing boats of all descriptions sleep quietly at their moorings. Hint: study their whimsical names carefully – you may find some hidden Kinkade family references. The lights of wharf-side shops glow softly, creating brilliant patterns as they caress the rippling water of the tranquil bay. Steam rises here and there from sidewalk crab steamers, and overhead seagulls soar in the brisk sea air.
What an enchanting location! If, like me, you’ve left your heart in the City by the Bay, my Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco will bring a little music to your soul.
- In an ongoing tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden twenty-five N’s in Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco.
- Thom also hid his two eldest daughters’ names in San Francisco, Fisherman’s Wharf – Merritt and Chandler – as well as the publishing company for Thom at that time, MAGI – Media Arts Group, Inc.
- Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco is the ninth painting in Thom’s extremely popular series – the San Francisco Collection.
- Obvious as it is, Thom loves to paint various scenes from San Francisco, California. Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco captures Coit Tower and Telegraph Hill in the background.
- Thom did take artistic license in adding personal references to the various signs in the area – such as adding a Thomas Kinkade Gallery in the row of shops when there really isn’t one there, and Big Dave’s Christian Bookstore named after Thom’s pastor at the time.
|Title||Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco|
|Subject Location||Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, California|
|Collection||San Francisco Collection IV|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463