Click Image for Frames
The glory of wilderness extends beyond the domain of daylight. In my first two collections celebrating the majesty of mountains, we rejoiced at the beginning and the end of a perfect day. Now, as we bid a fond adieu to the twentieth century, we move on, appropriately, to savor the pleasures of evening.
The real star of Evening Majesty, first in my new Beginning of a Perfect Evening collection, is the luminous sunset. The painting is rich in crimson undertones and a radiant sense of color that diminishes as we move away from the horizon. Light spills from the windows of the river-rock cabin, in glorious harmony with the glow of sunset. This rustic abode offers all the comforts of home, even an old well that stands behind the cabin to provide cool, clear mountain water.
Evening Majesty is truly majestic in its scope; perhaps that’s another connection the painting has with the turning of the millennium. To my mind, this would be the perfect place to spend New Year’s 2000, curled up by the fire. And by the way, the little Labrador puppy waiting there is Toby, the first male besides myself to join the Kinkade family.
- In an ongoing tribute to his wife, Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden four N’s in Evening Majesty.
- With a new layering technique, Thom has created some of his most stunning lighting effects to date in Evening Majesty. He feels that this is the most detailed landscape in his collection.
- The glowing sunset in Evening Majesty represents the close of this millennium.
- Evening Majesty is the first painting to feature the newest member of the Kinkade family: Toby – the new family Labrador puppy.
- The birch bark canoe that is featured floating peacefully at the shore is based on an actual canoe owned by a close personal friend of Thom’s.
|Collection||Beginning of a Perfect Evening|
24" x 36"
28" x 42"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463