Click Image for Frames
Evening at Swanbrooke Cottage, Thomashire
Walking trails accompany even the smallest stream in England, and on a summer’s evening a peaceful stroll beside a gently whispering brook is guaranteed to restore even the most burdened soul. On one such evening walk in England, my family and I came upon the idyllic cottage on which I based my Evening at Swanbrooke Cottage, Thomashire.
I am intrigued by the simplicity of the life of the cottage’s inhabitants, with patient gardening and daily ritual of feeding ducks and swans taking center stage in their existence. With lush gardens and the constant murmur of a tiny brook, I can’t imagine a more enchanting setting!
- In loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden two N’s in Evening at Swanbrooke Cottage, Thomashire.
- Evening at Swanbrooke Cottage, Thomashire is based upon a cottage that Thomas Kinkade and his family visited in England.
- Thom discovered this place while walking along a brook-side trail. Unable to get this cottage out of his head, Thom went back to this location, set up his easel, and painted this work. He loved this cottage so much that he imagines himself living there.
- Thom hopes that Evening at Swanbrooke Cottage, Thomashire allows the viewer a bit of peacefulness to their lives.
- Prior to this work, Thom only painted cottages on an 8″ x 10″ and 9″ x 12″ canvas – this was the first time Thom’s cottage painting was reproduced in a larger size.
|Title||Evening at Swanbrooke Cottage, Thomashire|
|Collection||Thomashire Collection III|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463