Click Image for Frames
Deer Creek Cottage
In Deer Creek Cottage, shy, innocent deer peer out of a snowy wood at this small brookside cottage. I’m fascinated by the deer’s beautiful winter home this Christmas season – a time that bids us rejoice at the redemption of nature and the promise of salvation.
Deer Creek Cottage renders the trees and brook and even the cottage pristine by covering them in a thick blanket of glistening snow. The world seems reborn in beauty, all the barrenness of the winter wood hidden by white. The heavy snow blends the tree branches earthward, their posture is almost one of humble worship. The delicate fawn, peering at the lights in the cottage windows, seem to join in the reverent mood. Perhaps even the animals of the forest can celebrate Christmas!
- Thomas Kinkade has hidden four N’s in Deer Creek Cottage as an ongoing tribute to his wife Nanette.
- Deer Creek Cottage is the sixth painting in Thom’s decade long series: Christmas Cottage.
- In Deer Creek Cottage, the natural surroundings of the quaint cottage come alive in a celebration of light. This painting is the first in the Christmas Cottage Collection to depict animals. The delicate fawn drawn to the lighted cottage convey a gentleness upon this snowy, wintery scene.
- With it’s soft tones of blues and reds, Deer Creek Cottage will add warmth to any room of the home.
- The inspiration behind this creek is a real one located in Thom’s hometown of Placerville, California that runs near Main Street, called Hangtown Creek.
|Title||Deer Creek Cottage|
|Subject Location||Hangtown Creek in Placerville, California|
|Collection||Christmas Cottage Collectin VI|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463