Click Image for Frames
We’ve lived here, Nanette and I. Not in this precious village I’ll grant you, but in many like it during our long and lovely stay in the English Cotswolds. Cobblestone Village conveys the qualitative difference between life in an English village and an American small town. The pace of life in Cobblestone Village seems a century removed from what we typically find in our fast-paced culture. English country life is slow, rich, and satisfying. Activity centers on the village to an extraordinary degree. People come daily for the bakery, dairy, green grocery, butcher shop…as well as the warm conversation and fellowship that truly sustain life.
The gathered town folk in Cobblestone Village are as natural, as informal, as the overgrown hedges of flower that line the lane. It’s a most satisfying way of living. As an artist I find the tumbledown charm and rich detail of rural English architecture fascinating – particularly the amazing juxtaposition of a variety of styles and structures. Where else can you find humble stone cottages beside rambling half-timbered Tudor homes while a soaring Gothic church looms in the distance? Truly, there is a spice to village life.
- Thomas Kinkade has hidden eight N’s in Cobblestone Village, as a tribute to his lovely wife Nanette.
- The quaint scene portrayed in Cobblestone Village is based upon the villages that Thom and Nanette have explored while living in England.
- Cobblestone Village is the third painting in the very popular Cobblestone Lane Collection, and is available in three sizes – suitable for decorating any room in your home!
- Our sense of adventure is awakened as we follow the intriguing, uneven cobbled path through the fascinating, rustic village featured in each of the three paintings from the Cobblestone Lane Collection.
- The broad spectrum of rich colors in Cobblestone Village makes it a perfect painting for anywhere in your home or office, and with its quaint charm it is sure to delight and allure all who see it.
|Subject Location||Cotswold, England|
|Collection||Cobblestone Lane III|
25½" x 34"
30" x 40"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463