Click Image for Frames
I believe that God speaks to His faithful in many voices – some intended for the ear, some for the eye, and all for the heart. As a painter, my role is to interpret and clarify allegorical scenes that are rich with meaning. Clearing Storms is such a symbolic scene, charged with a message of hope that can give us the fortitude to go on.
Storms – dark, brooding, terrifying – are a part of all our lives. When we’re in the grip of storm, we may feel overwhelmed, powerless, abandoned by God. The meaning of Clearing Storms is that God’s love is eternal, and because of that, the dark times always pass. The power of the waning storm is still evident in the wild and turbulent sea. But up in the sky, God’s light has touched the clouds with a myriad of colors, transforming them into harbingers of hope and overwhelming man’s feeble attempt to light the darkness with the lighthouse.
I love to paint lighthouses. To me, they represent such strength and stand steadfast against the storms. They guide us to the safety of the shore. Shore, of course, can mean many different things to us, but usually it means safety. A timid stream – which suggests to me an individual human life – makes its way to the great ocean. A gazebo provides refuge for the lighthouse keeper when storms have passed, where he can contemplate the wonder of it all in one of my favorite ways – drinking in the warmth from a cup of hot tea. Whatever your safe haven, I hope that Clearing Storms will remind you that after the dark times, light and hope will prevail.
- Thomas Kinkade has hidden five N’s in Clearing Storms in his continued loving tribute to his wife Nanette.
- Clearing Storms is the fourth release in Thom’s Seaside Memories Collection. The three previous paintings – Beacon of Hope, A Light in the Storm, and The Light of Peace – are already all sold out at publisher in the standard number canvas edition.
- As the storm breaks, the lighthouse Clearing Storms radiates its welcoming glow above the dramatic ocean and rugged coastline below.
- Seaside paintings are one of Thom’s most popular subjects; the appeal of the ocean and crashing waves speaks to those near and far from the shore.
- Clearing Storms is the first image to be released in a multi-size edition and will be released in both a 18″ x 27″ and 24″ x 36″ image size. This multi-size edition allows the collector to choose the size that best fits their home.
|Collection||Seaside Memories IV|
24" x 36"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463