Click Image for Frames
Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream
Cinderella Wishes Upon A Dream, fourth piece in my popular Disney Dreams Collection, has given me the chance to push the limits of my ability farther than I ever have. Hundreds of hours of detailing were required to capture a setting magical enough for a princess and her charming prince. On the towering mountain in the distance we see Cinderella’s castle, a vision inspired by the movie. Coming down from the castle road we see Cinderella’s horseman and coach, galloping towards the sleeping village below.
As Cinderella and her prince cross the stone bridge over the lover’s reflecting pool, we pause to enjoy the numerous details that make this scene so inviting. Cinderella’s many friends are here. The whimsical mice with their charming antics can be found dotted around the scene – see how many you can count! Cinderella’s other tiny helpers, the colorful birds of the kingdom have built a nest in the tree house hidden in the foliage. Flowers glow in abundance, while overhead the stars twinkle radiantly. The entire scene seems aglow with the magical blessing of the Fairy Godmother, who rides atop a splendid rainbow at the top of the painting.
The stone statue in the garden at the lower right suggests Cinderella’s years of drudgery, yet the sparking gown she wears reminds us that dreams really do come true. Lucifer the cat is busy tormenting the playful mice, while the stepmother and stepsisters look upon the sweethearts with amazement and perhaps a hint of joy. The king and his duke are fashioned as weathered chimney pots in my painting, and gaze with delight at the on goings.
I’ve put tributes to my earlier Disney Dreams Collection – Snow White, Pinocchio, and even Peter Pan and Tinker Bell can be found by a patient viewer. This is positive proof that for Cinderella’s deepest wishes to come true, she’ll need a little help from her friends!
- Thomas Kinkade has placed at total of twenty-five N’s in Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream, both as a loving tribute to his wife Nanette and in honor of his twenty-five years as a published artist.
- Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream is the fourth painting in Thom’s extremely popular Disney Dreams Collection, and is based upon the central song in the Disney movie Cinderella.
- The path shown in this image carries us from the stepmother’s house down in the village, through the kingdom, and finally to the king’s castle.
- You will find many exciting references in Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream, like her loving dog Bruno, three antique hot air balloons, and dozens of figures – including Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell as keeping with Thom’s tradition of hiding the previous Disney Dreams characters in the new painting. Can you find them all?
- Take note of Cinderella’ coach, frozen in time. The clock shows a moment before midnight – has it stopped?
- Cinderella’s future castle can be seen in the distance, and the Fairy Godmother can be seen riding atop the splendid rainbow.
- The stone statue featured in the garden on the lower right of Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream suggests Cinderella’s years of drudgery. The sparking gown she wears now reminds us that dreams really do come true.
|Title||Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream|
|Collection||Disney Dreams Collection IV|
18" x 27"
24" x 36"
28" x 42"
40" x 60"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463