Click Image for Frames
I began my career creating art for an animated feature film, and it has been a life-long dream to tell some of the story of my own life — the story behind my art — through the medium of motion pictures.
The dream is coming true; we’re starting work on “The Christmas Cottage,” which I hope will be the first in a number of inspirational movies to tell the story of my growing up. The outlines of my boyhood story may be known to you. My parents parted ways early, and my proud mother — who never accepted public aid nor wanted to ask for help — struggled mightily to keep her three children fed and housed and inspired by the wonder of life, despite almost daily challenges.
But as I re-live what were, despite the hardships, golden years, I realize that God must have had a hand in some of our miraculous escapes. Somehow my mother bought our tidy little home with no money down. The payments we scraped together, the injuries we barely avoided, the holidays we somehow managed to celebrate — these are my small dramas.
In the film, I’m featured at work, painting a study of The Christmas Cottage, — the radiantly lit, loving home that sheltered and supported the development of my character. We are releasing the official The Christmas Cottage canvas now, as a way of providing a “sneak preview” of the film especially for my many loyal collectors.
- Thomas Kinkade has placed a total of five N’s in the Christmas Cottage, as a continued tribute to his love for his wife Nanette.
- Christmas Cottage is the first painting in Thom’s new series – Holiday Homecoming.
- The Christmas Cottage painting will be released in two phases in 2007. A special Movie Premiere Release will be available during the month of June 2007 – and it will feature a unique and exclusive remarque. The remainder of the release will be available in the fall of 2007.
- The Christmas Cottage was inspired by the film Thomas Kinkade’s Christmas Cottage, and the original artwork is featured in the movie! The film will be released in theatres in December 2007.
- The actual cottage featured in Christmas Cottage is located in Fort Langley, Canada.
- In the movie, the Christmas Cottage represents the Kinkade family home, and is prominently featured in the film.
|Subject Location||Fort Langley, Canada|
|Collection||Holiday Homecoming I|
25½" x 34"
30" x 40"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463