Click Image for Frames
Boulevard Lights, Paris
I’m a great believer in the importance of first impressions. That’s one reason why Boulevard Lights, Paris is so dear to me: its the first print in my new City Impressions Collection and the first release of his new Studio Impressions Collection. This new collection is an expression of my passion for color and the way natural light affects the subject.
The City of Lights has been a springboard to my imagination even before the first of my many visits there. You see, my mother had a print on her wall – an energetic, dazzling lit Paris as seen by a 19th Century street painter – that captivated me as a child. So it seemed natural to launch my first impressionistic series by honoring the art of such giants as Beraud, Cortes, Galien-LaLoue, with a celebration of the city that has inspired master artists of every era.
I have enjoyed such a bustling vision of light and color in one of my journeys to Paris – I just couldn’t tell you exactly where or when. Because of this, Boulevard Lights, Paris exists for me in the ethereal world between experience and imagination that we call memory. And perhaps it is just as well, because somewhere in the heart of everyone who daydreams is an imaginary memory of Paris.
- In loving tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden seven N’s in Boulevard Lights, Paris.
- Boulevard Lights, Paris is not only the first release in Thom’s exciting new City Impressions series but also the first release of his new Studio Impressions Collection.
- Impressionism is a style of painting that originated in the 19th Century. It allows the painter to capture the light of the moment with broad brushstrokes – giving each piece a “looser” look than the intense brushwork of studio works.
- Although Thom has practiced this style of painting throughout his entire life, Boulevard Lights, Paris marks his first piece to be released to the public.
- This collection is similar in style to Thom’s popular Plein Air Collection with the difference being that the pieces in this new collection are actually completed in his studio, whereas the plein air pieces are completed quickly and outdoors.
- Even as a child, well before his many visits to Paris, Thom was inspired by the beauty of this wondrous city – he has captured his many memories of the city here in Boulevard Lights, Paris.
|Title||Boulevard Lights, Paris|
|Subject Location||Paris, France|
|Collection||City Impressions I|
24" x 36"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463