Click Image for Frames
Blossom Hill Church
“After all, men build buildings, but only God’s love can build a church” ~ Thomas Kinkade
Blossom Hill Church is the first painting in my Country Church Collection. I have a fondness for all country churches – and I’m particularly attached to Blossom Hill Church, since within its weathered walls my wife and I were wed! At one time, the Kinkade family even lived less than five miles from this mall country church in Coloma, California – which you may recognize as the location where the first discovery of gold was in California.
Blossom Hill Church is being released ten years after Nanette and I first said “I do;” and on the sign near the church reads “Rev. Merritt-Chandler” after our oldest daughter Merritt. I painted this scene in the early dusk so that evening worshippers could attend a nightly service in this picturesque garden chapel. Rumors have it that the real parishioners want to re-create the garden to look exactly like the way I have painted Blossom Hill Church in this composition.
- Blossom Hill Church is the first painting in Thomas Kinkade’s Country Church Collection.
- Thom and Nanette were married in this very chapel depicted in Blossom Hill Church, and Thom even wrote on the church’s sign “Rev. Merritt-Chandler” after their eldest daughter Merritt.
- Thom and Nanette renewed their vows for their twentieth anniversary in this same Blossom Hill Church where they were married in 1982.
- Rumors are that the real parishioners of this church want to re-create the garden scene Thom depicted in Blossom Hill Church – as the actual church sits on a dry hillside.
- The first discovery of gold in California was in the area of Coloma.
|Title||Blossom Hill Church|
|Collection||Country Church I|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463