Click Image for Frames
Beyond Autumn Gate
Some years ago in my travels through England, I found a wonderful old stone gate – mysterious and inviting – that inspired my celebrated painting The Autumn Gate. Nanette and I returned to England and made a pilgrimage to that ancient gate in order to discover what lay beyond the stately, ivy draped stone manor house I celebrate in Beyond Autumn Gate. Here is the perfect companion painting to The Autumn Gate, and a splendid evocation of how gracious, courtly, and distinguished it must be to live as “Lord of the English Manor.”
- In an going tribute to his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade has hidden three N’s in Beyond Autumn Gate, Morning at Ivycrest Manor.
- Beyond Autumn Gate is the second painting in Thom’s series The Autumn Gate Collection, based on sights Thom and Nanette witnessed on their trips to England.
- Beyond Autumn Gate was named Lithograph of the Year, Second Runner Up in 1994.
- Beyond Autumn Gate is what lies beyond the path we see in The Autumn Gate – the first painting in Thom’s The Autumn Gate Series.
- Beyond Autumn Gate was featured on a magazine cover of U.S. Art in 1991, which signified a huge milestone in Thom’s career. The Kinkade family still owns the original, where it hangs proudly above their mantle.
|Title||Beyond Autumn Gate, Morning at Ivycrest Manor|
|Collection||Autumn Gate II|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463