Click Image for Frames
A New Day Dawning
“The night is far gone, the day is at hand” ~ Romans 13:12
The Romance of the Sea. It’s much more than the tile of my new painting collection; it also has a deeply personal meaning. You see, fifteen years ago this May, Nanette and I honeymooned in a wonderfully romantic little cottage on the Pacific coast. There’s never been an inspirational “new day” experience in my life to compare with my marriage to my lovely wife.
During our sojourn by the sea it struck me that the vast ocean is an evocative symbol of all that I hoped my marriage, and indeed my life, could be. Ever-changing, yet at the deepest level constant, marriage should be a challenge and a consolation, a source of strength and a well-spring of personal renewal. Our marriage has been all that and more. Together we have grown and become accustomed to each other in a way that is fulfilling and comforting, yet like the sea in A New Day Dawning, is excitingly ever changing.
A New Day Dawning is the first in my Romance of the Sea Collection, which celebrates the many exciting “new days” that keep each of our lives vibrant and exciting – whether we are young or old, married or single. The distant ship voyaging out to sea brings to mind the wondrous adventure that each new day brings, and the dawn light that breaks over the surging sea recalls Paul’s thrilling affirmation in Romans 13:12.
- As a loving tribute to Nanette and to commemorate their fifteenth wedding anniversary, Thomas Kinkade has hidden fifteen N’s in A New Day Dawning.
- This is the first painting in Thom’s new Romance of the Sea Collection. Painted in fond tribute to Thom and Nanette’s honeymoon along the Mendocino coast, A New Day Dawning brings life to an idyllic place of both memory and fantasy.
- A New Day Dawning has an impressive 25½” x 34″ image size, which coupled with the dramatic crashing waves and quaint cottage make this painting a beautiful focal point for any room.
- Set on a rocky seashore, A New Day Dawning brings together two strong and fascinating elements – a rocky seashore and a lush floral garden. Thom has also added radiant beams of sunlight to make this painting one that speaks to everyone of new beginnings and the unbound joy that each new day brings.
- Thom’s past seaside collections have been extremely popular with collectors near and far from the coast. Thom has tapped into the universal appeal of the seashore, capturing its symbolism of both strength and energy.
|Title||A New Day Dawning|
|Subject Location||Pacific Coast|
|Collection||Romance of the Sea I|
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463