Click Image for Frames
A New Day at the Cinderella Castle
Two of the dreams/memories we take from our childhood on our life’s journey, if we are fortunate, are the wonder and excitement of Disney World and the soaring majesty of castles.
Perhaps that is why the Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida is such an enchanting inspiration to young and old. My family makes a pilgrimage to this favorite spot on every visit. This year, I went in my imagination to explore a vision of the regal castle gently kissed by the golden light of a perfect day.
A New Day at the Cinderella Castle discovers a morning every bit as festive, delightful, and enchanting as the castle itself. A double rainbow arcs over the towering castle; fluffy clouds dapple its many towers with light and shade, morning light gently kisses the stone turrets. Lavish, rainbow-hued trees and shrubs frame the building; quaint gas lamps dance along the walkway.
I used a more whimsical brush and style in keeping with the subject: is Bambi on the lawn? Tinker Bell above the castle spires? The Ugly Duckling in the pond? You decide.
- Thomas Kinkade has incorporated seven N’s in A New Day at the Cinderella Castle as a continued tribute to his love for his wife Nanette.
- A New Day at the Cinderella Castle was painted in celebration of Walt Disney World’s 35th Anniversary – the view from which Thom painted this castle is from Frontier Land.
- The Cinderella Castle was completed in July 1971, after about eighteen months of construction and reaches a height of 189 feet tall – nearly twice the size of the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
- May A New Day at the Cinderella Castle brings you back to all those magical moments in your childhood.
- When the sun sets, the castle is illuminated in 16.7 million colors, thanks to Vari-Lite intelligent lighting fixtures placed on different castle levels and surrounding the castle. The castle itself plays a role in the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks show, in which it changed color in synchronization with the dramatic music of the display.
- Cinderella’s Castle has five mosaics inside the castle; the outside of the castle is decorated with gold-colored spires, eighteen towers and thirteen gargoyles that sit atop the castle.
- Tinker Bell nightly flight travels 750 feet, averaging fifteen miles per hour and starts at Cinderella’s Castle. It takes her approximately thirty-four seconds for the trip.
|Title||A New Day at the Cinderella Castle|
|Subject Location||Disney World in Orlando, Florida|
25½" x 34"
30" x 40"
For Prices and Availability
500 Cypress S-5
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Places in the Heart
1634 Copenhagen Drive S-C
Solvang, CA 93463